Senior Risk Analyst 8/25/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Extract data from SAS/SQL reporting and production database.
* Investigate and prepare data for downstream analysis.
* Utilize database management, reporting and analysis software to store, organize and manipulate data.
* Utilize advanced statistical software to develop tree-based and regression models to minimize credit/fraud losses and maximize response and approval rates.
* Present findings and make recommendations to management team.
* Design, implement and maintain underwriting and line assignment policies and strategies to properly drive our application traffic based on management recommendations.
* Complete all other projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Minimum 4yeardegree (Computer Science, Math, or Business Degreepreferred).
* Graduate degreepreferred.
* 5+ years data analyst/modeling experience.
* Experience extracting and manipulating very large datasets (1 million+ records).
* Experience with database query languages such as SAS and SQL.
* Experience with statistical analysis and modeling software such as Excel, Word, Power Point, JMP, and/or Angoss Knowledge Studio.
* Proven experience working in fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience in financial services, risk management, or target marketing a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Task Management - Ability to work independently and manage projects requests from start to finish with minimal oversight.
* Motivation Skills - History of achieving aggressive goals and objectives, conveying sense of urgency while moving beyond challenges and obstacles.
* Thinking and Administrative Skills - Solid analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze trends and suggest solutions to challenges.
* Achieve Successful Results - Takes the initiative to get things done.
* Demonstrates Adaptability - Works effectively in the faces of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and shifting priorities.
* Innovates - Challenges the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes open minded approach to situations.
* Communication Skills - Refined written and verbal communication skills. Ability to foster open communications, listen effectively and build strong partnershipnetworks.
* Technological Competence - Knowledge of SAS and otherrisk management technology with the ability to leverage such tools to improve the organization's