Senior Risk Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Risk Financial Analyst is part of a global team and will support risk management for the Finance area of the firm. The Finance function includes Global Controllers, Treasury Services, Network Management, and the Institutional Risk Analysis and Administration teams. This position is also responsible for the management of the Firm s corporate insurance programs.
The Risk Financial Analyst is part of a team of subject matter experts within Global Controllers responsible for Accounting Policy, Insurance and Finance Risk Management, Real Estate Accounting, Benefit Plan accounting and audits, as well as ad-hoc financial analysis and accounting initiatives.
While this position is not involved in the daily accounting and financial reporting for the Firm, the individual in this role will have exposure to many aspects of general accounting operations, including aspects of the general ledger and accounts payable functions.
These projects require a base knowledge of fundamental accounting as well as strong analytical and communication skills.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Assist management team in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk inherent in Controllers, including, but not limited to Model Risk Management, Vendor Management, and Risk Control Self-Assessments.
* Participate in the creation, review, implementation, and dissemination of policies and procedures impacting the Controllers team.
* Maintain Business Continuity Plan, including the coordination of test events.
* Assist in the coordination of internal and external audits and regulatory reviews, with the responsibility to ensure the closure of any outstanding identified matters.
* Manage the record retention process, including the review of record types, retention periods, and document destruction.
Finance Risk Administration:
* Represent the Finance function at enterprise wide committees and working groups to evaluate the impact of established and emerging risk issues on the Finance areas.
* Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of enterprise wide risk and compliance initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, signatory authorities, sensitive position reviews, conflicts of interest reporting, and data security initiatives.
* Develop and deliver risk and compliance related communications and training to enhance awareness and adherence to established policies and procedures.
* Present to the Senior Finance Management Committee, including the CFO and Controller, risk management strategy, reporting, and updates for the Finance areas on a quarterly basis.
* Lead the administration of the Firm s corporate insurance program which includes:
* Liaise with external brokers, underwriters, and internal constituents
* Coordinate the submission and documentation in support of annual renewals
* Assist in improving the efficiency and controls surrounding insurance renewals and risk analysis
* Prepare insurance reporting and presentations, accounting for insurance premiums and the billing processes.
Responsibilities may include projects focused on process improvement and assessing accounting best practices for new and existing activities and transaction flows.
* CPA is preferred
* 3 to 5 years of experience in Public accounting or a Financial Institution
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Excellent Presentation and Spreadsheet skills (PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
* Strong attention to detail and strong organization skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself - within the Firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.