Senior Ruby Developer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR RUBY DEVELOPER
* Customer prefers Ruby developers, but is open to good, motivated developers with polyglot experience.
* Automated testing, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps are instrumental to their approach. Experience with multiple languages is a plus (e.g. Java and Ruby).
* Customer is entertaining on-site and remote. For remote candidates, there will be a strong desire for them to be good communicators, as they'll be working closely online with our teams on GitHub, Slack, Jira, etc. and joining standups and other regular meetings.
* We are currently looking for driven, motivated, full stack developers with Agile experience and fantastic technical skills to join our team. We are looking for experienced developers that already know Ruby.
* 3 - 10 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
* Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications.
* Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation in Rails.
* Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
* Deep commitment to test driven development using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest.
* Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
* 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering.