Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR RUBY ON RAILS ENGINEER
You'll be joining a team to expand current SAAS platform capabilities for higher education faculty and students.
* Developing tools for faculty to "remix" interactive, educational content from different resources.
* Developing deep analytics into how students consume, highlight, share, or comment on content.
* Developing online assessment tools.
* Developing studying tools for students.
* Working with a variety of third party APIs.
* Integrating with other LMS platforms (Learning Management System).
* Be a core stakeholder in architectural and technology decisions.
* Write highly scalable code that is maintainable, reusable, and thoroughly tested.
* Self-manage your technical deliverables from idea through completion.
* Collaborate with other developers on: documentation, code reviews, daily stand ups, retrospectives, and anything necessary to ensure team success.
* Adhere to coding standards and processes; suggest better processes when needed.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
* Competitive salary.
* Stock options.
* Health Benefits.
* PTO and paid holidays.
* WeWork membership and benefits.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* 8+ years of solid programming experience.
* 5+ years of Ruby/Rails development.
* HTTP/REST/JSON API design and implementation.
* Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS).
* Experience with PostgreSQL (or equivalent).