Senior SAP Variant Configuration Engineer - Greenville, SC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2014 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Platform Overview:
Hubbell Lighting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
The SAP Configuration Specialist is responsible for planning, managing, and executing the activities associated with detailed construction, analysis, and maintenance of the Variant Configurators across brands. The position is responsible for understanding the material master requirements, bill of materials (BOMs), and routers inside of SAP. Will also need to have the ability to communicate and train the manufacturing facilities in the methodology of using the VC information to produce an end product.
Provides extensive support in the areas affected by the Variant Configurators including controls, processes, and data integrity, and also provides assistance and support of said systems. Will interface with Enterprise IT team members, SAP platform resources, SAP R/3 end-users, engineering and New Product development personnel in the execution of duties, including:
* Creating and maintaining the Variant Configurator data for Hubbell Lighting within the SAP R/3 environment;
* Modifying/publishing data models relating to the different brand s products;
* Maintaining a strong understanding of variant configurator data requirements in the SAP R/3 environment and the impacts of data elements on all enterprise systems;
* Facilitating and/or participating in business process improvement and change sessions in support of the company s process improvement initiatives;
* Ensuring efficiency and data quality for all functions within the SAP system;
* Performing integration testing of the variant configurator models in SAP/R3 environments;
* Assisting in the development and validation of training materials as required for new models being released in the VC.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree in engineering or information technology is required.
* In lieu of a degree, 3+ years of experience working in an SAP R/3 environment or similiar ERP system working extensively with Bills of Material, Material Master and/or Variant Configuration will be considered
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the SAP s Variant Configurator processes is desired
* Excellent communication and presentation skills are needed
* Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.