Senior SQL Server Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
VIDEA LLC (WWW.VIDEA.TV) IS A WELL-FUNDED START-UP UNDER COX MEDIA GROUP IN ATLANTA/BUCKHEAD (LENOX MALL).
VIDEA IS RAPIDLY BRINGING A SERIES OF PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND A BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM TO THE TRADITIONAL TV MEDIA MARKETPLACE. THIS PLATFORM IS AN AUTOMATED AND DATA-DRIVEN APPROACH TO BUYING & SELLING LINEAR TELEVISION ADVERTISING THAT IS REVOLUTIONIZING THIS MULTIBILLION DOLLAR MEDIA/ADS INDUSTRY.
VIDEA IS LASER-FOCUSED ON ENSURING OUR SUPPLY SIDE PLATFORM IS THE LEADING SOLUTION FOR LOCAL BROADCASTERS AND MEDIA BUYING AGENCIES ACROSS THE US. VIDEA IS IN THE PROCESS OF DEPLOYING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO MULTIPLE TELEVISION STATIONS AND AGENCIES ACROSS THE US.
WE CURRENTLY HAVE A NEED FOR A SENIOR SQL SERVER DEVELOPER POSITION.
The Senior SQL Server Developer is responsible for designing and maintaining SQL Server 2014 Integration Services packages, relational and dimensional models as well as T-SQL (tables, stored procedures). This position will work within the data services team under the guidance of the Data Architect to ensure consistent application of database best practices and to ensure that all data integration points and models are designed in a manner that efficiently satisfies business needs. This is a significant role that carries responsibility across development teams in the organization.
* Develop according to best practices with scalability and extensibility in mind
* Work within the Change Management and Configuration Management processes
* Monitor system for slowest queries and provide regular reports to the development teams
* Profile T-SQL and fine-tune queries through hints, application of keys or restructuring of query
* Plan for future scale and performance needs based upon historical data and projected system growth
* Troubleshoot issues in all environments as and when needed
* Conduct knowledge transfer sessions to development team, enhancing their understanding of DB Best Practices
* Own core database models for OLTP, DW and Cubes
* Implement correct process for development changes to DB to be stored and applied when upgrading existing systems
* Analyze the current data architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
* Participate in design and development meetings that require significant adjustments to DB schema
* Setup the physical data model including all physical database configurations such as indexes, table spaces, table partitions, table constraints, relationships, etc. Have understanding of systems that hit the database through the use of LINQ and Entity Framework
* Document database solution schemas, application functionality, scripts
* Work with application developers to ensure smooth development of overall solution
* Performance tune solution to ensure platform functions within acceptable time limits
* Maintain knowledge of technology trends, standards, and methodologies through extensive reading and online courses.
* Evangelize technology thought leadership to constantly improve software development processes/platforms
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related field of study
* 5+ years experience as a Senior SQL Server Developer
* Microsoft certifications are a plus
* Experience working in small or startup environment a bonus
Specific Skills & Competencies:
* Extensive SQL Server knowledge including SQL Server 2014
* Database performance tuning and optimization (DMVs, Query Explanation Plan)
* Expert-level T-SQL skills
* Ability to write and debug Stored Procedures
* Use of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
* Ability to help in design of Data Warehouse and Data cubes a plus
* Experience with in-memory database technologies a plus
* Master Data Services and Data Quality Services a plus
* Solution- and delivery-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Designing and implementing Big Data solutions (Teradata/MS APS)
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3390 Peachtree Rd NE
Job Level:Individual Contributor