Senior Safety Health & Environmental Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
**MINIMUM 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE, OVERSEEING MULTIPLE AREAS**
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking a qualified Senior Safety Health & Environmental Manager to join our team in Oakland, California. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
As a senior member of the loss prevention team, this position is responsible for the implementation of the company s safety and loss prevention programs. Ensures jobsite employees and subcontractors are trained in all safety programs and protocol, including federal/state regulations, in order to prevent accidents and/or injuries. Manages and mentors Loss Prevention Coordinators and Loss Prevention Managers.
LOSS PREVENTION RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conducts new employee project orientation and basic training with Balfour Beatty and subcontractor employees.
* Assists Loss Prevention and Operations in preparing safety related bid documents and project-specific safety programs.
* Coordinates all Loss Prevention efforts on the project with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
* Attends subcontractor preconstruction meetings, review task specific Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and assist with planning for safety issues.
* Assists with material and equipment acquisition for new project setup.
* Conducts frequent inspections of projects and identifies current and future safety challenges.
* Assists Loss Prevention in establishing and administering project safety recognition programs.
* Prepares written reports of project inspections and assists project staff with correcting and preventing hazards.
* Conducts project loss prevention audits.
* Provides technical safety consulting services for projects and reviews preconstruction safety submittals.
* Leads Loss Prevention and project staff with safety training at all levels.
* Assists with establishing and maintaining a project crisis management plan.
* Conducts accident investigations and assists with OSHA and environmental inspections.
* Manages workers compensation claims including the return to work program.
* Maintains project incident logs for all reported injuries, GL claims, WC claims, and OSHA recordables.
* Assists Superintendent with sediment and erosion control and other environmental responsibilities.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development * Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent,& Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in company training programs and commits to self development.
* Keeps current with new developments in OSHA regulations and company safety policies, and communicates to the appropriate jobsite personnel.
* Encourages employees to achieve career goals by providing challenging assignments, achievable and motivational development plans, and ongoing actionable and candid feedback.
* Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external parties by winning concessions without damaging relationships and being direct and diplomatic.
* Assists in developing/facilitating safety-related company training programs. Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values and does one s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture. Essential Capabilities* Core Values Band Specific
* Focus on Excellence
* Foster Teamwork & Collaboration
* Respect & Value Others
* Thinking Skills
* Results Driven
* Establish Priorities
* Coach Others
* Interpersonal Sensitivity
* Motivate & Inspire Others
* Mindful of Risk & Safety
* Influence * Business Acumen * For key definitions, refer to the BBC Leadership Brochure
* B.S. in Safety & Environmental Health or related field preferred and 15+ years of experience, overseeing multiple areas, preferably in the construction industry. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary. Certification as a Construction Site Safety Technician (CSST) or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) required.
* Demonstrated ability to assist with more than one project at a time.
* Demonstrates accurate record keeping skills. * Demonstrates solid customer service skills and verbal/written skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to be a team player and function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Demonstrates the ability to mentor/train others.
* Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.
#LI-POST Apply Now