Senior Sales Consultant - Security
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies* If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry, there s never been a better time to join our security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long term position as a Senior Sales Consultant for our Security Business. This position is based in the Greater Chicago area. Apply today!
Comprehensive health, dental & vision plans
401(k) immediate employer matched vesting
Employee stock purchase
Generous employee referral bonus
* Supports the branch sales looking and profitability through exceeding the individual sales booking plan, while paying attention to the annual service, lease and direct sales.
* Develops and maintains an active lead generation plan within the assigned territory through the use of cold calling, referrals, contact with local builders, and direct mailing.
* Plans a sales approach designed to determine the prospect s needs and wants for the product/services offered.
* Conducts job surveys specifying the type of systems required, provides a cost proposal and layout to be used as a basis for the contract.
* Exhibits a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and strategies to ensure that contract estimates are accurate and will deliver the expected return.
* Accompanies the installation department to the initial job start to ensure the customer requirements are confirmed and are understood by the installation department.
* Develops an effective job schedule for each installation to include cost control; and coordination of subcontracting, Engineering, Sales and the customer.
* Follows-up after completion of the installation to make certain that the system is working properly, to explain its operation to the customer, and maintain a rapport that will result in continual referrals.
* Operates within the general policies and procedures of local branch as well as Home Office; guided by generally accepted alarm industry practices, local ordinances, and U.L. requirements.
* Assists the Branch Manager with selecting subcontracting to meet installations needs based on business forecasts and actual bookings.
* Responsible for planning, forecasting and monitoring all subcontracting costs. Implements corrective actions to ensure costs are consistent with branch financial plans. Responsible for negotiating subcontract agreements as required, and serves as primary contract.
* Hunger to win
* A Hunter sales mentality
* Consistency in exceeding sales plans
* Understanding of systems design and application, pricing, lead generation, and time management
* Minimum of 3 years Business to Business (B2B) experience
* Experience or ability to learn security solutions is preferred
* High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelors degree preferred)
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.