Senior Sales Operations Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We're a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be _America's most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing_. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You'll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
Supports the overall business strategy and corporate objectives by performing analysis to support the identification of business needs and determine solutions to business problems. This advanced level analyst holds an in-depth knowledge in multiple areas of the business and can act in a consultative capacity. May lead large analytic projects and is often assigned to longer term projects which guide business decisions and changes. Provides guidance, mentorship and training to develop new or lower-level associates, with accountability for team success.
* Performs complex analysis of data and the relationship to operational and financial objectives of the organization.
* Collaborates with other business areas to investigate issues, makes recommendations and develops action plans to contribute to company objectives, principles and to achieve goals.
* Develops metrics and reports using research and tools provided by company.
* Identifies gaps in tools and data, and works collaboratively to resolve.
* Participates as subject matter expert in projects related to analytics data structures and applications. Makes decisions on methods and techniques.
* Interprets results of analysis, prepares and presents outcomes to senior leadership.
* Reviews reporting and analytic methodologies and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Proactively analyzes data and delivers insights to business customers to deepen their understanding of key issues.
* Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves data issues, working with IT and other areas as needed.
* Reviews work of peers to ensure high quality and effectiveness.
* Coaches staff on standard analytic approach and actions to take based on findings.
* May act as team lead and/or coordinate the activities of others.
* Advanced research, analytical, data processing and mathematical skills
* Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct data analyses relevant to complex business issues
* Demonstrated ability to make effective formal presentations
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Advanced business writing skills
* Project management experience
* Strong knowledge of AAA business concepts
* Strong knowledge of database structures including relational database concepts
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including charts/graphs, pivot tables, lookups, and complex nested formulas
* Proficiency in MS-PowerPoint
* Proficiency with structured analysis and design techniques
* Working knowledge of Oracle, SQL, or BI tools (Microstrategy, Tableau)
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management to present findings relevant to audience
* Ability to train staff on reporting logic and tools
* Ability to coach and mentor co-workers and give feedback as required by using effective interpersonal skills
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
* Bachelor's degree in related area, advanced degree (MBA) preferred
* 7+ years of analytical experience in related industry
* Mentoring and leadership experience (preferred)
* Technical or business certifications relevant to role (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
We'll value your skills and experience. We're building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow's leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.