Senior Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Sales Representative
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking a Senior Sales Representative to join our team in the Vertek Division of the Automation & Geosciences Sector. This is an off-site sales position; ideally the candidate will be located in the Eastern Time zone and near a major airport.
The successful candidate will be responsible for marketing, sales, and business development for ARA's Cone Penetrometer Test (CPT) Equipment, Direct Push Systems and other associated products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Face to face demonstrations and meetings with existing and prospective ARA customers, predominately domestic U.S.
- Southeast location preferred given customer and airport concentration
- Development and implementation of customer contact schedule
- Development of sales forecasts for GeoScience Group products
- Identification of new markets and customers not familiar with ARA
- Identification of customer inspired product improvements
- Arranging travel to customers' sites complying with ARA travel policy
- Responding to requests for information, quotations and white paper proposals
- Development of marketing and selling literature, advertising, packaging, videos, training and trade show materials for GeoScience Group products
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,000 professionals and is rapidly growing. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. We realize that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Our motto is 'Engineering and Science That Matters for Fun & Profit' and we live our core values of Passion, Freedom, Service and Growth every day. To join our unique team, please visit our career portal at www.careers.ara.com.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Expert communication skills and public speaking experience
- PowerPoint presentation creation and execution
- Excellent writing skills for internal and external communications
- Intimate working knowledge of organizations responsible for infrastructure and geotechnical construction activities
- Organized and capable of keeping customers informed
- Hands-on knowledge of geotechnical equipment sales similar to ARA products
- Initiative to create direct sales and consistent travel schedule
- Working knowledge of civil engineering and subsurface site characterization, drilling industries and equipment
- Sales and business development background
- Minimum of 5-7 years business experience
- Site characterization, geotechnical and infrastructure organization contacts
Randolph, Vermont, United States