Senior Scientist Cell Line Development and Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Cell Line Development and Engineering group at MilliporeSigma is seeking an experienced and motivated professional with deep and broad expertise in molecular biology, recombinant protein expression systems and mammalian cell culture processes to work with a group of scientists focused on the development and optimization of therapeutic protein expression platforms.
Essential Job Functions
The Senior R&D Scientist is responsible for the development and optimization of products and strategies that increase the efficiency of high r-protein producing cell lines for biopharmaceutical applications. The principal duties and responsibilities associated with this position will be the design and execution of research experiments focused on improving CHO host cells and expression systems for the generation of high producing stable cell lines used in the manufacturing of recombinant therapeutic proteins.
Education and Experience
* Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or closely related sciences.
* 3+ years of post-graduate research and development experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
* 2 + years laboratory experience mammalian cell culture and recombinant protein expression systems, preferably in the generation of stable CHO cell lines (pools, clones) expressing high levels of biotherapeutic proteins.
* Strong molecular biology skills including molecular cloning, genomic and plasmid DNA purification, RNA isolation, PCR and RT-PCR and the ability to design basic and engineered recombinant protein expression constructs.
* Previous experience in mammalian cell line engineering/genome editing via RNAi, ZFN and CRISPR technologies with a working knowledge of bioinformatics.
* Candidates must have competency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and statistical software packages.
* Interface with our Marketing, Business Development and Legal groups to define product specifications, product configuration, assays, manufacturing procedures, etc. ensuring smooth progression through the product development process.
* Must be able to work and communicate effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment and to supervise/mentor junior scientists.
* Exercise significant judgment when analyzing complex projects and demonstrate a high level of scientific achievement and understanding.
* The ability to work in a regulated environment and be skilled in data analysis, troubleshooting, report writing and oral presentations is required.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.