This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Position is a laboratory scientist position in a business based PD and manufacturing environment. The department s primary focus is the development of synthetic and analytical platforms for the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API s). Scientists are expected to support the innovative development and execution of technical projects within SAFC Pharma team based environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Plan and implement innovative chemical and analytical solutions for the manufacture of API s that are capable of being commercialized.
* Mentor Scientist, Associate Scientist, and Assistant Scientist level chemists via a matrix and / direct reporting relationship.
* Provide input to Management regarding the development and implementation of newly innovative technologies.
* Achieve positive laboratory results through a combination of personal hands-on lab experience and managing the efforts of Associate and Assistant Scientists through a matrix relationship with manufacturing.
* PD, Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of API s and intermediates if called upon to do so.
* Handle up to 2-3 chemical projects at various states of maturity.
* Must work well in a team environment, and serve as Project Team Leader.
* Author, utilize, and train employees on a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and OP s.
* Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
* As a primary or secondary operator if requested, must be able to maintain accurate and concise cGMP records.
* Accurately perform routine and non-routine in process testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
* Will be asked to assist in project quote generation.
* Adhere to SAFC s ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
* Become a role model for other PD and manufacturing employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior.
Education: PhD degree in Chemistry or equivalent.
Experience: 5-10 years post-doctoral and / or industrial experience at the bench.
Essential and Critical Skills:
* High level of creativity and innovation, drive to succeed, as well as motivation of people.
* Broad hands-on knowledge of Organic Chemical synthesis and associated analytical techniques, including areas of medicinal chemistry and API chemical process development and scale-up.
* Knowledge of experimental design techniques and thermal hazards evaluation techniques in the process development field.
* Scientific problem solving skills, i.e. ability to identify crucial issues in experimental work and suggest possible solutions
* Ability to read and understand patents, interacts with designated legal council, and provides technical council on the impact of area of science of interest.
* Knowledge and understanding of cGMP other relevant quality systems overall goals, implementation and application.
* Strong verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. Must be able to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company as well.
* Proven leadership and team-building skills.
* Must be proficient at use of standard office computers as well as software for laboratory work (data capture, data analysis, plotting etc). Specifically, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project.
* Demonstrate superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task proficiently.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Environmental conditions: Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous materials requiring the utilization of proper personal protective equipment which could include half/full face respirators, Saranex and / or Tyvek suits with powered respiration.
Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.