This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Do you want to create the next great snack product for General Mills? From selecting the ingredients and designing the taste and texture to ensuring high quality shelf life, the Snacks Research and Development team works in a hands-on environment and is actively involved in product formulation, process development, packaging innovation, and technology development.
Upon joining our R&D organization at our James Ford Bell Technical Center, you become an important part of teams committed to creating exciting new products or improving the quality of our existing products and systems in the tradition of superior quality consumer brands like Nature Valley, Larabar, Fiber One, Cascadian Farm, and others that you routinely see in your grocery stores.
As a Sr. Scientist in the Snacks Platform on the General Mills Innovation, Technology & Quality team, you will be responsible for understanding consumer needs and designing great tasting snack products to meet those needs. This role will involve driving forward initiatives focused on ingredient and processing technologies needed to develop remarkable, competitively advantaged, Snack food products. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual with expertise and interest in snack bar ingredient and process technologies to drive growth for General Mills.
In this role you will:
* Lead and successfully execute projects focused on snack bars as part of the Snacks Platform team
* Establish and develop working relationships with other platforms and external suppliers
* Collaborate with cross functional General Mills groups such as Supply Chain, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Finance, and Sales to advance technical projects
* Work effectively and safely in lab, pilot plant, and manufacturing environments
* Advance timelines on several projects simultaneously
15% travel required
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, or Chemical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in product and process development.
* Technical expertise in snack bar formulation, processing, and technology is strongly preferred
* Demonstrated project management skills and strong interpersonal skills to work on cross-functional teams
* Skills in managing numerous projects concurrently and adaptability to rapidly changing business needs
* Leadership, drive and initiative with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
* Demonstrated business savviness and communication skills working directly with vendors or customers
* Passion for making great tasting snack products