Senior Security Analyst III-208 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Our Cybersecurity Division is searching for a Senior Security Analyst III / Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to support a government customer as the primary security advisor for multiple information systems. As a senior member of one of our DHS support teams, you will play an important role performing a wide array of IT Security support activities, including:
Assess the organization s existing IT security program, work products, and tools in relation to key agency mission, security goals, and objectives.
Develop, engineer and implement sustainable security solutions designed to address program gaps.
Assess and articulate risk in relation to mission/business objectives and processes.
* Bachelor s Degree or higher; preferably in computer science, information technology, or a related field
* At least one IT Security Certification (e.g., Security +, CEH, CISSP, etc.)
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
* 5 or more years within the information technology domain
* 2 or more years directly supporting security of IT systems
* Familiarity with one or more of DHS Directive 4300A, FIPS Pubs 199 & 200, and NIST Special Pubs 800-30, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-60
* Experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
* Experience with Vulnerability, Configuration, and Asset Management tools in support of Continuous Monitoring
* Experience with POA&M management
* Performing Security Authorization
* Performing Risk Analysis and Assessment
The candidate should be able to support a minimum of four of the areas listed:
* Security Control Assessment
* Security Code Analysis
* Product Evaluation
* Document Review and Security Technical Writing
* Risk Assessment and Risk Management
* Policy and Audit Services
* Penetration testing experience
* Security engineering on mobile platforms preferred
* Familiarity with commercial products and current Internet/EC technology
* Facilitate agency awareness of current IT security infrastructure and recommend programmatic and systems actions to improve the agency IT security posture.
Demonstrated capabilities performing the following is required:
Ensuring the automated monitoring of information system assets through Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) tools and sensors;
Maintaining an asset inventory of hardware and software within the program/development offices or field site facility;
Ensuring that security requirements for the assigned major application or general support system are being or shall be met;
Ensuring that requests for Security Authorization (SA, also commonly referred to as Assessment & Authorization or Certification and Accreditation) of assigned major application or general support system is completed in accordance with the published procedures;
Coordinating the development of a Contingency Plan and ensuring that the plan is tested and maintained;
Ensuring risk analyses are completed to determine cost-effective and essential safeguards in alignment with government and industry best practice (e.g. NIST 800-30, 37, 39);
Ensuring preparation of security plans for sensitive systems and networks;
Reporting IT security incidents (including computer viruses) in accordance with established procedures;
Reporting security incidents not involving IT resources to the appropriate security office; and representing the security team as part of change management for assigned information systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.