Senior Security Sales Consultant
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies* If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
* Supports the branch sales profitability through exceeding the individual sales booking plan, while paying attention to the annual service, lease and direct sales.
* Develops and maintains an active lead generation plan within the assigned territory through the use of cold calling, referrals, contact with local builders, and direct mailing.
* Plans and presents effective sales presentations to prospective customer.
* Conducts job surveys specifying the type of systems required, provides a cost proposal and layout to be used as a basis for the contract.
* Accompanies the installation department to the initial job start to ensure the customer requirements are confirmed and are understood by the installation department.
* Develops an effective job schedule for each installation to include cost control; and coordination of subcontracting, Engineering, Sales and the customer.
* Follows-up after completion of the installation to make certain that the system is working properly, to explain its operation to the customer, and maintain a rapport that will result in continual referrals.
* Exhibits a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and strategies to ensure that contract estimates are accurate and will deliver the expected return.
* Operates within the general policies and procedures of local branch as well as Home Office; guided by generally accepted alarm industry practices, local ordinances, and U.L. requirements.
* Assists the Branch Manager with selecting subcontracting to meet installations needs based on business forecasts and actual bookings.
* Responsible for planning, forecasting and monitoring all subcontracting costs. Implements corrective actions to ensure costs are consistent with branch financial plans. Responsible for negotiating subcontract agreements as required, and serves as primary contract.
* Hunger to win!
* A Hunter sales mentality
* Consistency in exceeding sales plans
* Understanding of systems design and application, pricing, lead generation, and time management
* Must hold 3-5 years of B2B electronic security system sales experience
* Experience with Integrated Electronic Security Solutions, Electronic Access Control systems, CCTV (DSP & IP Systems), and Two-Way Intercom Systems
* Ability to work evenings and/or weekend hours as needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Bachelors degree preferred (Business, Mechanical or Electrical)
Stanley Black & Decker is an equal opportunity employer, and offers employees a competitive benefits package.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.