Senior Security and Compliance Contract Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Title: Senior Security and Compliance Contract engineer
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Our Client's mid-range storage product is one of the fastest-growing storage and data management products in the mid-range market.
Its security engineering group is looking for a highly motivated and talented Contractor with solid C, C++ programming skill, storage product knowledge and strong computer security background to enhance the security of our products.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
* Gap analysis of current network and storage security implementation against federal security compliance mandates in DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) benchmarks.
* Implementing the necessary changes to close identified STIG gaps.
* Perform security assessments for existing and upcoming features/infrastructure.
* Improve the storage product to meet security compliance requirements and patch fixes quickly to adhere to release cycles.
* Document security shortcomings from assessment and communicate cross functionally with other engineering groups to provide solutions.
* Support and facilitate security related compliance validation testing
* Propose design changes and enhancements to processes and products
* Collaborates cross functionally with engineering employees and other engineering groups.
* Recent experience working with STIG certification a must.
* Experience with APIs: REST, SOAP and other integrations.
* Strong knowledge and experience in Linux, Apache, Tomcat.
* Strong diagnostic and problem resolution skills
* Experience with security testing, storage arrays a must.
* Knowledge of cryptographic concepts, information and network security a plus
* Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
* Familiarity with security standards and compliance
* Experience with working on security standards documents,
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* BS / MS, or equivalent experience required
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.