Senior Small Commercial Lines Field Underwriter
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Small Commercial Lines Field UnderwriterJob ID #:
Charlotte, NCFunctional Area:
46200 - Charlotte NCPosition Type:
Full - Time Education Required:
Bachelors DegreeExperience Required:
Not Indicated Relocation Provided:
NoJob DescriptionWhere Great People Build Successful Careers.The Hanover is seeking a Senior Field Underwriter to join our growing Small Commercial Lines team in our Charlotte, NC office.Position summary:
Small Commercial Senior Field Underwriters are responsible for driving the growth of Small CL business by underwriting new business across all lines and sizes of POS and Non-POS accounts within Small CL definition and building and maintaining strong agency relationships partnering with Agency staff and SCSMs. The Senior Field UW should work closely with and direct the activities of their UT partner(s) following established workflowsResponsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Categorizeand direct UT on next steps to be taken based on assessment and categorization.- Provide direction and guidance to UT to properly prepare a new business account including:
- Quick Declines and how to communicate with Agent (ex. Declination letter or phone call)- Additional information needed for underwriting analysis- Interaction with agency necessary to gather needed information in an organized manner- Reports necessary to perform underwriting analysis- Providing accurate instructions to rating- Preparing and delivering quote proposal to agent- Following up on open quotes- Documenting underwriting decisions within standards and expectations in Underwriting systems including ARF and CAAMS.- Coverages including coverage advantages to highlight in the quoting process account rounding opportunity and identify cross-sell opportunity for Specialty businesses on accounts being quoted the account responsibility falls to the Portfolio underwriter although consultation between Field and Portfolio Underwriter is expected as required.declination reasons and coverage advantages to Agents to improve hit ratio- Communicate proactively with Agents to convey a sense of ownership and service during all interactions; instill confidence with agents in their decision to place new business with The Hanover mainly SCSMs UTs and Renewal UW colleagues to most effectively communicate difficult messages with Agent partners and on overall agency managementKey Measures of Success (should align with goals):
- New Business production (approx. $2 Million annually)- Quality of audits/ file reviews and achievement of mix goals aligned with workflowsPosition RequirementsRequired Skills, Key Competencies and Experience:
- Strong underwriting skill and coverage knowledge; ability to make underwriting decisions on POS and CPP accounts up to $50,000 premium size- Underwriting systems knowledge to document and underwrite accounts within work- Ability to make underwriting decisions on POS and CPP accounts up to $50 000 premium size while following workflow standards including agency personnel agency business plan and results with The Hanover across the Franchise Hanovers position with the agency etc.- Sales orientation; able to solicit qualify negotiate and close accounts in a manner that promotes deeper partnership with Agents.- Demonstrated commitment to service and partners; high level of responsiveness UTs SCSMs and renewal UWs demonstrating strong relationship building- Able to understand and execute to strategic priorities (Ex. mix targets CAT strategy pricing strategy agent strategy etc.)- Knowledge of competition and current marketplace; apply to all aspects of performing the role responsiveness and willingness to bring appropriate level of underwriting to each opportunity ranging from exception only underwriting on the small BOP to more thorough review on the larger or more complex accountsPhysical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to travel up to 20%- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment- Ability to work in a fast-paced or stressful environment- Ability to sit for extended periods- Ability to work cooperativelyRecognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes and as one of the Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance, The Hanover is proud to be among the top property and casualty insurers in the United States. The Hanover offers a collaborative environment where you'll gain new experiences and grow your career. The Hanover offers comprehensive benefits to help you stay healthy, build financial security, and maintain work/life balance. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.Join our winning culture and help us advance our journey to be the best company in our businessBenefits to joining The Hanover's team:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, generous time off with pay and adoption assistance- Retirement/401(k) program, including 100 percent company match up to first six percent of pay- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) with 10 percent discount on company stock- Wellness programs, including non-smoker discount, weight loss programs and one-on-one counseling- Employee development/education assistance and professional/industry designation programs and reimbursementThe Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE:
THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for over 160 years. The company maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor's and Moody's.EEO statement:
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.'The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed 'Employment Agency Agreement' already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management. .