Senior Software Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Senior Software Architect
JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
JOB SUMMARY: The employee will design and implement architectural enhancements to our industry leading healthcare integration engine- Cloverleaf. This is done as part of a small team of architects who provide prototyping and vision for Cloverleaf and related products. The candidate will lean heavily toward being a coding architect rather than talking architect, but strong creativity is critical.
* Gain deep understanding of Cloverleaf architecture and the related technology stacks
* Identify issues and limits of current architecture; enhance the product with technical innovations
* Design and build prototypes of Cloverleaf enhancements; demonstrate and explain the architecture to development team
* Generate project requirements and assists in the mapping of project requirements to technical feature definitions
* Help provide technical leadership to Cloverleaf development team
* Act as a technical liaison between functional designers, engineers and less technical personnel
* Recognize industry trends and emerging technologies related to enhancement of current product's architecture
* Anticipate/resolve client problems relating to the product s deployment and use; Work with customer support to resolve escalated problems
* Work with architect team to provide vision to take Cloverleaf to the next level
* Create, maintain, follow, and promote well established software architecture best practices among co-workers
* Very rare travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* BS in Computer Science, or Computer Science graduate degree
* 10+ years of programming experience in C/C++ or Java
* Solid working experience on UNIX and Windows platforms
* Solid understanding of operating systems, networks, and security
* Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design and programming methodologies
* Proficient English communication skills
* Creative capacity to transform vision level requirements into working prototypes and design specifications
* Ability to work in an extremely geographically distributed company
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* A passion for developing scalable and optimized software systems
* In-depth understanding of network routing protocols like TCP/IP
* Proficient problem solving skills
* Teamwork and organizational skills
* Know different workflows in healthcare settings including clinical and non-clinical
* Experience with financial, administrative, business, and workflow management systems.
* Understand healthcare security and privacy requirements; experience with HIPAA, PHI management, data provenance, and other security principles
* Experience with Amazon Web Services
* Understand Big Data principles and technologies; experience with Hadoop and related products
* Good grasp of standard protocols like HTTP, SSH, etc.
* Experience with operating system internals, file systems or compilers
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.