Senior Software Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout the Team:
As a member of our Software Engineering team you will join a team of bright, fast paced engineers. You ll work in a cutting edge cloud environment that powers our company s impressive growth. Last year our platform sent over 1 billion messages, helping customers navigate critical communications during significant man-made events and natural disasters. If you are looking to make a difference with your work, and help our customer prioritize safety, then we would love for you to join our team. We are smart, innovative, and ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
About the Position:
We are seeking an Architect to work with teams developing Everbridge s messaging platform or product suite. It offers the opportunity to have significant impact on the architecture and technologies behind Everbridge s SaaS offerings.
* Lead the architecture and design of key components of Everbridge s products.
* Work closely with a team of engineers in delivering products, including hands-on development, providing technical leadership and mentoring other team members.
* Think strategically and drive technical vision for our products and architecture, with a particular focus on performance, scalability, robustness and operational aspects of our system.
* Lead, advocate and enforce best coding practice.
* Collaborate with Product Management, Operations, Client Services teams to establish technical standards and process to assure reliable delivery of product with unparalleled reliability and scalability.
* 10+ years of experience in software development, including working at the system architecture level. Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to projects.
* Experience with large scale SaaS based applications, and with implementing complex distributed systems, including back-end services/APIs with web and/or mobile applications. Knowledge and experience of service oriented architecture and RESTful web services.
* Strong communication skills with a collaborative style
* Hands-on experience and technical expertise with Java development is a requirement. Experience with technologies including Java frameworks such as Spring, Jersey, Jackson, and or Play/Akka; databases including MongoDB and Postgres/MySQL; data analytic/visualization frameworks such as Elastic Stack or Granfana/InfluxDB.
* Knowledgeable about Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), WebRTC, SMPP, SMTP or other messaging protocols/APIs; experience of building or maintaining telephony platforms using FreeSwitch and Lua is a plus.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, with a Masters preferred.
About the company:
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. With headquarters in both Boston and Los Angeles, Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. As a company with a culture that is committed to Making a Difference, Everbridge was recently named a Best Place to Work by both the Boston and Los Angeles Business Journals!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.