Senior Software Developer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NAMED ONE OF THE TOP 100 COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN THE LAST 12 YEARS! AND VOTED THE #1 PLACE TO WORK IN TECHNOLOGY!
THIS COMPANY OFFERS ITS EMPLOYEES A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE AS WELL AS A CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION COVERAGE. Also included are HEALTH AND DEPENDENT FLEX SPENDING ACCOUNTS, a rich 401(K) PLAN, DISABILITY AND LIFE INSURANCE. Additional perks include: PAID TIME OFF TO VOLUNTEER, ABILITY TO BANK UP TO 4 WEEKS' VACATION FIRST YEAR, TUITION ASSISTANCE and REIMBURSEMENT, FREE SNACKS and PAID PARKING as well as LOTS OF COMPANY DISCOUNTS AT SOME GREAT RESTAURANTS AND STORES!
The SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER will mentor Associate SoftwareDevelopers, lead small development teams and act as an application owner. A Senior SoftwareDeveloper will also develop, improve and maintain innovative software applications both independently and as part of a team. A Senior SoftwareDeveloperreports to the team leader of SoftwareEngineering. These responsibilities will require the Senior SoftwareDeveloper to take a lead role in design and code reviews, assist with delivery estimates and provide feedback about all aspects of the process, while working with a variety of team members across the entire organization.
* Effective in fostering a collaborative environment
* Effective working with or without complete business requirements or specifications
* Effective working directly with business partners
* Drive and determination to help other engineers learn and become a better engineer
* Ability to grasp broad, loosely developed concepts and explain them to others
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Expert knowledge of unit testing
* Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and concepts like Agile
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Periodic on-call duties
* 5+ years of programming or related experience in one or more of the following: Cocoa, Objective C, HTML, .NET, PHP, Java, or Progress
* 5+ years' experience in software testing and design
* 5+ years of database related experience
* 5+ years working in a team environment
* Experience leading small project teams
* Experience mentoring others
* Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
* Graduatedegree experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.