Senior Software Developer-Flexible Location, Anywhere in the USA 9/7/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The position of Senior Software Developer requires subject matter expertise and broad, overall responsibility for development and maintenance of the ChangeMan ZMF and StarTool suite of products. This includes implementation of product enhancement requests, bug fixes, fulfilling product roadmap vision and maintaining compatibility with current and supported levels of the operating environment (i.e. z/OS, DB2, IMS). This position also requires interaction with product team peers in support, product management, project management, quality assurance and documentation teams by working collaboratively and participating in product team meetings. Position also requires participation as backup developer for other products within the product team, performing peer reviews etc.
* Broad, overall responsibility for development and maintenance life-cycle of the ChangeMan ZMF and StarTool products. This includes implementation of product enhancement requests, bug fixes, fulfilling product roadmap vision and maintaining compatibility with current and supported levels of the operating environment (i.e. z/OS, DB2, IMS).
* Overall responsibility for maintaining product direction, planning and support via direct relationships and integration with key internal constituents including Customer Support, Product Management, Project Management and QA teams and others.
* Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively with peers and peer groups/internal constituents including participating in weekly product team meetings, support/marketing/product management activities as needed, and other work as required to ensure the success of the product.
* Function as backup developer for other products within the product team as required, and participate in other routine Mainframe team activities, such as performing peer reviews, as required.
* 5-10 years of hands-on experience in mainframe software development including
* z/OS, CICS, DB2 internals, diagnosis, debugging and dump analysis using IPCS, XDC
* 10 or more years of Assembler language coding, including High Level Assembler Language (HLASM), experience in coding ISPF dialogs, VSAM internals and file Management.
* REXX and C language experience is a plus.
* Ability to provide off-hours support as needed.
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.