Senior Software Developer - Java 9/8/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - JAVA
Location: Jersey City, NJ
NOTE : WE NEED LOCAL CANDIDATES TO NJ/NY WITH BAKING/FINANCIAL DOMAIN EXP..
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which may require research and analysis.
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation, although specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions. Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts.
- Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software.
- Able to along with and work well with others.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Able to interpret business requirements and programming specifications to write Java programs that solve business needs.
- Some exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including design factors, software requirements, systems facilities, and execution protocols.
- Experience with Architecture design of multi-tiered client/server applications. Must be well organized and self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work on aggressive schedules. May require work beyond normal hours (weekends or evenings).
- 10+ years Java programming experience developing J2EE based systems.
- 6+ years' experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- Experience with Web 2.0 and Single Page Architecture applications
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Java 7 or higher.
- Must be well acquainted in development of RESTful webservices.
- Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, , Eclipse IDE, Spring Source Tool suite is a plus
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of unit testing with JUnit and mock testing frameworks
- Must be comfortable with Spring technologies, Spring MVC
- Working knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures (preferably SQL Server)
- Experience with virtual environments, Linux based systems and Networking concepts Demonstrated use and knowledge of various configuration management tools (Preferably GIT)
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and design
- Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background experience is a plus