Senior Software Developer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. Their infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location, and deployable wireless communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a Sr. SoftwareDeveloper your primary responsibility is to devleop and maintain the solutions for Operations Support functions and framework for the location based solutions and related components.
* Responsible for writing technical specifications, provide design recommendations, developing applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements & interfaces.
* Responsible for developing & modifying complex softwaresystems using disciplined software development processes.
* Responsible for maintaining existing code base for Java/Ruby based platform solutions and other cloud-based solutions..
* Ability to troubleshoot complex problems while working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work on multiple issues at a time and comfortable with context switching.
* Self-initiated and ability to independently make accurate and timely decisions
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent experience
* 6-8 years development experience in Java, Python, Ruby
* Proficiency in working in Oracle Solaris and Linux platforms and bash shell scripting
* 5-7 years experience of databases - TimesTen, Oracle, MySql, strong knowledge of SQL queries.
* Utilize Python/Java and Opensource/cloud-friendly tools to develop framework to help build cloud-native solutions
* Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Experience in multi-threading application
* TCP/IP and UDP protocol proficiency
* Development experience in C++ code is a plus
* Experience with Node.js is a plus
* Experience with SNMP development is a plus
* Experience with Opensource tools like Ansible & Jenkins is a big plus
* Experience with developing cloud-based solutions - AWS, OpenStack is a big plus
* Networking, gateway, and firewall configuration experience is a plus
THIS IS A FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR CLIENT. THEY OFFER AN EXCELLENT SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE.