Senior Software Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11200 Senior Software Development Engineer (Open)
Our team works on developing, enhancing and refactoring a variety of internal applications supporting our monitoring and data-gathering infrastructure across all layers of the stack. This includes, but is not limited to, windows services, web services, document structures/schemas, web front-ends, architectural layout and security-related items pertaining to development. We are looking for a quality focused, creative and goal oriented software engineer that is passionate about his/her work, is at ease working as part of a team or individually, comfortable working with varying operating systems and development/scripting languages and enjoys researching and testing out new technologies. Our team executes in an agile fashion with input and feedback solicited by all members of the team to produce great, functional, software that meets the needs of our clients, both internal and external. If you are interested in the chance to create and improve high-visibility applications while involving past experience and ideas please consider joining us.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
* A passion for software development with a strong desire for continuous improvement.
* Designs, develop and support various tools for CSG's open systems applications.
* Support and enhance automated compilation and testing systems (the build system) for a number of applications.
* Has a strong internal customer focus.
* Ability to work within a cross functional team to develop enhancements in a highly iterative fashion. Involves close collaboration with product owners, developers and testers.
* Active participation in project and team design meetings.
* Perform under minimal supervision on complex assignments.
* Ability to work independently while maintaining a team relationship.
Required skill sets, Knowledge and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree (Engineering, MIS, or Computer Science) or equivalent experience required.
* 3+ years development experience, preferably working with Microsoft development tools.
* Key skills for this role include: MS Visual Studio, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Java Script, AJAX, jQuery, Angular JS and OO design.
* Experience with NoSQL solutions such as Elasticsearch is desired by not required.
* IT knowledge in software development methodologies/processes, design, implementation and documentation.
* Experience with analysis and design.
* Beneficial skills, or a desire to learn, include: Java, Web Services, Web Interface design and creation and cloud-related technologies.
* Scripting on both Linux and Windows systems using various languages available on either OS.