Senior Software Development Engineer (Cloud Engineering) 8/12/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4022 Senior Software Development Engineer (Cloud Engineering) (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Software Development Engineer (Cloud Engineering)
The Cloud Services Engineering team, based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL, is solely focused on delivering and enabling Cloud solutions for our customers and partners. Every day we work to deliver innovative solutions that enable our customers to transform their business by leveraging the latest Cloud technologies. Our team culture is a unique blend that combines the structured vision and process maturity of a well-established software company with the dynamism and vibrancy of a small startup. We’re currently looking for Sr Software Engineers to join us on this exciting journey to build world-class solutions.
You’ll be developing software alongside, and leading, a talented team of developers to create innovative and impacting cloud solutions. Responsibilities range from conceptualizing ideas, targeted research and rapid prototyping to determine feasibility, evaluate risks, and then create well-thought-out designs and implementation. The position will initially be focused on the Citrix Cloud Manager product line.
- Interface with Product Managers, Support, Consulting, and Service Providers to understand requirements for developing proof of concepts (prototypes) and final product features.
- Compose and maintain design specifications and component documents.
- Lead a team of engineers focusing on 'design first' thinking, incorporating different end user personas.
- Design and implement back end business logic for new features.
- Embraces Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.).
- Embrace and institute best practices and coding standards (e.g.: code reviews, logging and instrumentation, unit tests) within the team.
- Understand and troubleshoot field issues. Diagnose customer problems through systematic root cause analysis. Institute preventive measures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated experience leading implementation of moderate to complex software.
- Strong .NET programming. Preferably C# & ASP.
- Strong understanding and application of PowerShell scripting.
- Strong database programming. Preferably NoSQL, DocumentDB.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Good understanding of operating systems and computer networking.
- Good understanding of IIS and web service hosting.
- Good understanding of implementing web application security is desirable.
- Experience with core Microsoft Enterprise technologies (Lync, SharePoint, Exchange, etc.) is desirable.
- Some knowledge of cryptography is desirable.
- Experience in modernizing legacy web applications (updating UI, designing modern REST based APIs, etc.) is desirable.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.