Senior Software Development Engineer 9/13/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Position is to plan and perform software development and integration activities in support of the Systems Integration and Test Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) Hardware-in-the-Loop facility (HWIL), and three Software Development Facilities (SDFs) that will be used to verify the integrated avionics system for the Space Launch System (SLS) at NASA s Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
The Senior Software Development Engineer participates in implementing and maintaining laboratory automation software that controls real-time HWIL simulation systems used to support the NASA Space Launch System program at MSFC. The incumbent collects, interprets and documents system requirements; participates in component, subsystem and system concept designs; develops and recommends methods, tools and designs and participates as a member of a multi-functional laboratory automation development team.
* Perform software systems engineering functions as required.
* Analyze and develop software per customer requirements.
* Implement source code per detailed designs.
* Support software integration troubleshooting and bug-fix activities.
* Develop and execute test plans and procedures.
* Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
* Enter or update documentation into appropriate control systems.
* Troubleshoot and correct test automation anomalies.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet performance goals.
* Produce documentation and user training materials to assist user s in the operation of software.
Equivalent of a Ph.D., with minimum of 10 years experience, a Masters with at least 12 years of experience, or BS with at least 15 years of experience. Minimum 3 years of experience in developing software in the Python scripting language. Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required.