Senior Software Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION_We at Maxsam Partners are in search of just the right candidate for a well-established top-tier funded company specializing in providing efficient workforce solutions. Established in 1987, this client connects up to 750,000 people with jobs that suit them in a variety of industries. With a diversity of business specialties, this client supports a broad range of projects and needs. They expertly offer workforce management services, and provide the guidance needed to get jobs done with the best teams possible. We are looking for a few fitting candidates for a new project likely to yield high visibility, and would like to consider only down-to-earth and well-experienced players. Most information on it remains under tight wraps, as it is a public company with which we are working hand-in-hand._
The client is seeking a passionate and experienced Senior SoftwareEngineer that has experience in a manufacturing environment to join the company. In this dynamic role will have scope to build, shape, and improve suite of tools, processes, and capabilities in development. You will be joining a team of highly skilled softwaredevelopers, and test engineers working in a Scrum agile software development environment. This position will report directly to the Lead SoftwareDeveloper of their scrum team. This positions is a contract-to-hire.
UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE UNABLE TO WORK WITH H1B HOLDERS OR THIRD PARTIES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Modifies existing programs or formulates logic for new systems.
* Devises logic procedures, performs coding and unit test, and debugs programs.
* Prepares and/or reviews system and coding documentation.
* Understands and follows TBI architecture and development standards.
* Works effectively in an agile team environment.
* Demonstrates the ability to work with cross functional groups to achieve results.
* Demonstrates appropriate communication skills and knows when to listen and when to talk.
* Knows when to get direction from the Lead SoftwareDeveloper.
* Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with team members and fellow employees. Helps all team members meet their commitments.
* Proactively manages work load and consults with the Lead SoftwareDeveloper when matters of work prioritization arise.
* Has a good understanding of Scrum and is familiar with Continuous Integration/Delivery.
* Is able to appropriately prioritize multiple tasks with some direction from leadership.
* Pattern based development background with high level of proficiency in:
* Object oriented development (Java, C#, Objective C, and/or C++
* MVC and MVVM patterns
* REST service design
* Message queues
* Service oriented architecture
* Unit testing
* Swagger, RAML or similar approach for REST API specifications
* Relational database experience (Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL)
* NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, Redis, or others)
* SOAPUI or similar API testing tool
* Mobile experience is a plus (iOS, Android and/or hybrid)
* Experience integrating with SaaS applications is a plus
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues and understand the client's Scrum implementation.
* Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways using the established Scrum methodology and willingly assists team members do the same.
* Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, as well as an understanding of the company culture.
* Requires very little instruction on day-to-day work, and receives only general instructions on new assignments.
* Does consult with the Direct of Application Development on very complex projects and when personnel issues arise.