Senior Software Development - Java
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION: Develops, codes, tests and debugs new moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity. Has good understanding of business application. * Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. * Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. * May assist in development of software technical documentation. * Designs and codes moderately complex applications using routine and/or advanced technology. * May create optimization programs to resolve problems. * May design and build prototype applications.
* Be an excellent troubleshooter and problem-solver.
* Actively participate in product feature and design discussions to help shape products.
* Passion to learn and bring the best engineering practices to the team.
* Minimal GUI/Web development.
* WORKS WITH TECHNICAL STAFF TO UNDERSTAND PROBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE AND RESOLVE THEM.
* Lead by example; mentor and be mentored by others
* Work on applications accessing an Oracle database.
* May get involved in creating automated test as well as performance testing of the applications.
* Work in all stages of SDLC, up to production deployment and technical support.
* Function as a Product Area System Owner
EXPERIENCE: 5 - 7 years' experience- (Senior Level)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Strong experience in core Java 1.6 or above
* Strong experience working with XML schemas and documents
* Experience in SOAP based Web Service development
* Strong experience with Spring in a backend environment
* Experience with Hibernate/Spring JDBC, SQL and data persistence in general
* Experience with application reverse engineering and refactoring
* Experience with application server like Tomcat
* Experience with build tools like Maven or Ant
* Working knowledge of Object Oriented principles, techniques, Design Patterns etc.
* Experience with Agile - Scrum framework, VersionOne/Rally, TDD, Mocking frameworks (Mockito/EasyMock), and SVN/GIT are plusses
* Excellent understanding of code quality, unit testing, and continuous integration (Jenkins/Hudson)
* Working experience with Linux and a good understanding of Linux concepts and principles
* Must have a positive attitude, attention to detail, be a team player, possess good problem solving skills, and have a strong work ethic
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal)
* Ability and desire to learn and work with new technologies as needed.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
* Strong experience with Apache Camel
* Experience with mainframe to open system migration projects
* Experience with Orchestration Engines, Workflow, BPMN etc. is a plus
* Experience in JMS/MOM would be a plus
* Knowledge of Linux system administrator's tools
* Experience in JMX would be a plus
* Knowledge of networking would be a plus
* Knowledge of system/application levels monitoring tools would be a plus
* Knowledge of Fitnesse Automated Test Tool
* Detailed knowledge and experience in one or more Linux scripting languages