Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 7/14/2017
This is a full-time position with vAuto, a business unit of Cox Automotive, located in Austin, TX.
We are seeking a very experienced developer to help design and implement complex multi-threaded applications.
vAuto, Inc. is an industry leading innovator and provider of automotive software solutions. Since the company was founded in 2005, vAuto has launched several first-in industry innovations, including its current suite of solutions that deliver a better way to price, appraise and stock pre-owned vehicles. We are a fast-moving technology company specializing in web & mobile application solutions for the Automotive Industry.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for architecting, designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at vAuto. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. This role requires good leadership, design, and communication skills, with management, team members and business contacts.
* Architect, design, document and develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
* Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
* Act as technical leader for agile team
* Actively participate in agile team activities
* Mentor Software Engineers
* Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years hands-on experience in:
* Web technologies
* Microsoft C#
* Strong knowledge in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming.
* Experience using automated unit testing technologies
* Experience using Git as a version control and work tracking tool
* Good working knowledge of:
* Messaging infrastructures
* Asynchronous communications
* Multi-threaded application development
* Clustering technologies
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys sells and owns cars.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-TX-Austin-10415 Morado Circle
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing