Senior Software Engineer
APPLY YOUR DEVELOPMENT SKILLS TO MEANINGFUL, LEADING EDGE MEDICAL DEVICES.
* Develop specifications and code for medical devices and associated data communication protocols, typically including product functional specifications, design specifications, and verification/validation procedures
* Develop critical, robust application code forAndroidbased, connected devices.
* Key development areas include Application UI, embedded signal acquisition and cloud based data management
* Prepares complete software documentation as prescribed by U.S. and international medical device regulations (IEC62304) and corporate quality management systems procedures
* Lead communication with clinical and marketing teams for handling complaint investigations and feedback
* Support continuous improvement of company SDLC processes conforming to the IEC 62304 medical device software standard, utilizing CMMI and various software development models.
* Works within timelines, resources, and budgets for completion of assigned projects
* Reports toSoftware Development Manager
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, or SystemsEngineeringrequired, Masters preferred
* At least 5 years of experience with relevant software development in a regulated environment, preferably for medical devices, including Java, Android OS, database creation (SQL), scripting, and connected systems development including web-based access (RESTful services)
* Demonstrate very strong knowledge of the software development life cycle, including deployment of a device in a regulated industry.
* Knowledge of best practices and direct experience with formal softwareengineering principles (code design, code architecture, code re-use, coding for testability)
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
* Operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented culture that emphasizes professional development
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced start up environment
_The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has released a Voluntary Self-Identification Form CC-305. All federal contractors are required to use this form in inviting all applicants and employees to provide information regarding their disability status. Completing this form is voluntary and any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way. If you choose to complete the form, please attach it with your job application._