Senior Software Engineer 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160114-6712-ALG
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
Become a member of the growing AIR Software Research and Development team. Your help is needed to provide our world-wide clients with sophisticated modeling and analytical products that analyze the impact of catastrophe events, like hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks, and estimate the replacement value of residential and commercial properties. You will join the application team helping to enhance and maintain our core Touchstone application.
Successful people at AIR come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. While meeting the position requirements is essential, we re also interested your ability to communicate, collaborate and influence ideas within and outside of your immediate team. The key responsibilities on this role include, but not limited to:
* Contribute to all aspects of the software life cycle: Specification, Analysis, Design, Coding, Integration, Testing and Maintenance using C++, C#, Object-oriented design and programming, Multi-threading programming, Distributed and Parallel computing, Big Data technologies, SQL Server programming with T-SQL and Microsoft data access technologies and Microsoft Development platform libraries and tools;
* Develop and design software systems which are scalable, extensible and distributed;
* Build systems, libraries and frameworks on top of HPC cluster and
* Design and implement analytical jobs to support distributed data processing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Software development experience using object-oriented programming, multi-threaded programming, distributed applications and databases, and/or NoSQL (e.g. Redshift, MongoDB) and algorithm designs
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent plus 7 year experience or
* MS in Computer Science plus 5 years of experience
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.