Senior Database Engineer 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160114-6712-ALG
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
We are looking for Mid to Senior Database Engineers to join the Database Research and Development team, and work on a new product development. We are re-architecting our applications and databases to use new Big Data technologies MPP database engines. You should have a wide breadth of database design and development experience, and skills as do the other top notch members of the team. You will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to the growth of the company's product suite.
Successful people at AIR come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. For many roles, meeting the position requirements is essential, but we are also interested in your communications skills, your attention to detail and the various attributes that affect how you work and how you relate to the people you work with. In short, we look for people with a passion for achievement, integrity and the desire to make things happen.
* Learn and understand existing architecture and database design of AIR products and contribute to the technical design of next generation databases, which may span across multiple products.
* Contribute to the distributed database schema design geared for scalability and performance using Matrix MPP database.
* Design and implement risk management business functionality and in-database analytics
* Identify complex data problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and design and implement solutions.
* Employ best database development practices to address performance and scalability issues with large databases.
* Design and develop reference databases along with the ETL applications required to build them.
* Design and develop star schemas, cubes, conduct data mining and analysis and provide technical assistance to data analysts and developers.
* Strong analytical skills, real passion for working with data and strong interest in solving data problems
* Solid experience with data modeling and database design, OLTP and OLAP, data warehousing.
* Strong working knowledge of SQL Server with proficiency in performance tuning, troubleshooting and writing T-SQL stored procedures in an application centric environment.
* Solid experience with Microsoft BI stack (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
* Experience with Big Data technology and MPP databases like Matrix/Paracel, Vertica, Netezza, PDW, Greenplum.
* Strong SQL skills, and database performance tuning skills
* Experience with SOA, SaaS, multi-tenancy, cloud technology a big plus
* Experience with .Net, Linux, C#, C++ or Java a big plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor s in Computer Science, software engineering or information systems (Master s preferred)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.