Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160114-6711-ALG
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
You will join a specialized team that is working on adapting the core analytical functionality underlying AIR products and services as cloud and SaaS offerings. Using modern Microsoft technologies and development platforms, you will contribute to researching, designing, and developing new approaches and solutions to AIR s cloud offerings.
* Develop and enhance our core analytical engine to adapt to the changing demands of the cloud environment;
* Design and develop frameworks and APIs for new functionality;
* Collaborate with developers across different tiers;
* Enhance the performance and quality of the application;
* Mentor junior developers;
Required: Must have the following expertise:
* 10+ years of commercial-grade software development;
* 5+ years of C#/.NET development;
* Fluency in Visual Studio
* Extensive experience in object-oriented design and programming;
* 3+ years of C++ 98 development;
* 2+ years of SQL Server/T-SQL/ADO.NET/ORM
* Knowledge of service-oriented and distributed n-tier architectural patterns and styles;
Optional: Experience with the following is a plus:
* Big Data;
* Data Analytics;
* High Performance Computing (HPC);
* Cloud technologies (Azure preferred);
* WCF, WPF
* Agile/Scrum methodologies;
Education and Training
* B.S. in CS or Software Engineering, or equivalent; M.S. preferred
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.