Senior Software Engineer
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers* We hire smart, innovative, and ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
About the Job:
How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados* How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat* How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale* At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of modern economy at tremendous scale.
We are looking for a developer to continue building our flagship SaaS-based communication platform. We run a Java/JS/Tomcat/Spring/MongoDB stack and are working on social network integration, GIS, and mobile applications in particular.
* Design, develop and support software solutions for company s core communication platform and various web and mobile applications built on top of core platform.
* Work directly with product management, QA, and related team leads to ensure the timely completion of projects.
* Create and maintain robust high-volume and scalable production applications.
* 5+ years of engineering experience with web application development in Java
* Good database schema design skills; Experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB is preferred, experience with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL helpful
* Demonstrated experience with Spring, or other Java frameworks
* Experience writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications
* Knowledge of REST, Web Services, SOA
* Experience working in a cloud-based deployment environment is preferred (we use AWS).
* Highly organized with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to properly structure and explain technical information to stakeholders.
* Highly self-motivated and must be able to work independently or within a team.
* BS/BE (or higher) in computer science or engineering field(s).
* Agile and Scrum experience is desired.
About the Company:
Everbridge is the leading critical communications platform trusted by corporations and communities of all sizes to connect the right people for real-time collaboration and response. Connecting more than 100 million people and internet-enabled devices, the company assures that secure, compliant communications are delivered and confirmed, whether locally or globally. Everbridge was recently named one of the Boston Business Journal s Best Places to Work for 2015!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local l