Senior Software Engineer 8/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1998, Vibes is a mobile marketing technology leader that helps some of the world's biggest brands acquire, engage and deepen relationships throughout the customer lifecycle. Vibes' Catapult Mobile Relationship Management (MRM) platform enables marketers to drive revenue growth and loyalty through mobile messaging, mobile wallet marketing leveraging Apple's Passbook and Google Wallet, post-click engagement, and advanced segmentation, targeting and personalization. Vibes has delivered more than 4 billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Sears, Home Depot, Verizon, Allstate, The Gap, Tribune, Fox, and Gannett. The Common Short Code Administration (CSCA) recognizes Vibes as one of only seven Tier 1 aggregators with secure, direct connections to all the major carriers.
We are a group of passionate engineers in love with technology working for a software company in the fast paced mobile arena. Culture is king for us. We focus on collaboration and constant improvement with our products and ourselves. We practice agile software development with a strong focus on sharing knowledge. We care about the software that we develop and strive to have the biggest business impact we can with our work. We set time aside for personal projects with our "Days of Impact". Days of impact is an event that occurs twice a quarter for 2 days at a time where you are given free reign to hack away at what you think is valuable to yourself and the company. We have "summer hours", a balcony, a hot tub time machine, free pop, and good beer on tap. We also have a pool table, foosball, and Ping-Pong table to give your mind a break throughout the day.
This is a full-time position located in downtown Chicago at 300 West Adams.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to other Engineers on the team
* Be responsible for developing, designing, and/or implementing new technology frameworks
* TDD in Rails and Backbone.js
* Continuously grow your skillset to positively affect the Vibes technology stack
* Drive innovation and new ideas to improve our software's user experience
* Design, implement, and test solutions
* Participate in technology forums and industry user groups
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience with dynamic languages (Ruby/Python/Perl)
* REST API design experience and RDBMS highly preferred
* Experience with SVN, GIT or similar experience
* Strong communication, project management and critical thinking skills
* Self motivated and ability to drive features to delivery
* Experience with agile, iterative, and test-driven development methods
* Experience with performance and scalability
* Experience with web frameworks (Django, Rails, etc.)
OUR CORE VALUES:
* _Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders _
* _Always be Learning_
* _Relentless Focus on the Customer _
* _Never be Satisfied_
* _Create Value _
* _Seek Accountability and Ownership_
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast paced organization and industry.