Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHO WE ARE:
ShopperTrak is on a mission: we are revolutionizing the brick and mortar retail world with innovative products that fuel their success. Our path forward includes active exploration of IoT, Computer Vision, Machine (Deep) Learning and other technologies. We believe this is a thrilling journey and providing clarity on our future and empowering people to do their best work is the key to our success. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to push the envelope on innovation. Around here, our motto is build great stuff that helps solve problems for our customers and great things will follow.
Who You Are:
You are someone who takes pride in your work, seeks order in chaos, and wants the opportunity to work with your like-minded individuals. You are a leader, not a follower, with an innovative spirit who wants to collaborate with a team of brilliant minds in our quest to build brilliant products.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO: The Senior Software Engineer will leverage their experience in analysis, design, coding, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify ShopperTrak software systems. This individual demonstrates a thorough understanding of software methodologies and latest development environments.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* BS in Computer Science or related field
* 7 years if professional software development
* 4 years of J2EE based web development experience
* Experience with networking and security protocols
* Demonstrated experience designing software for highly available systems
* Strong understanding of best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning
* Experience with scripting languages (Unix shell, Python/Perl, etc.)
BENEFITS & PERKS:
* Full, superb benefits plan including medical, dental, life insurance, short/long-term disability, transit benefits, and more
* Great 401K Plan
* Amazing Green office with high tech vibe in fantastic location with superb views. We have writable walls, open collaboration zones and enclosed I need to think spaces with incredible tech tools
* Food and fun flows freely with bagel Fridays and monthly happy hours with nacho bar, tacos, etc. We also have regular offsite team building/fun events with bowling and arcades as a good example of how we chill
* Rewards and recognition are critical to everyone and we deliver with performance-based bonus, salary and recognition awards. We also have a Brag Wall, because we like to give a shout out when someone does great work
* R&R is important and we provide vacation, personal/sick, company paid holidays and 3 float holidays
* We love the community we live and work in with many charity avenues that employees can participate in to give back