Senior Software Engineer 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is seeking an experienced SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join their global team. Qualified candidates will possess solid software engineering skills with exposure and hands-on experience developing embedded software for automotive applications with working knowledge of "C" language. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE COUPLED WITH REQUIREMENTS TRACEABILITY, SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS, STATIC ANALYSIS TOOLS (QAC, POLYSPACE) MISRA AND BEST CODING PRACTICES.
* Responsible for software tasks and deliverables throughout the entire software lifecycle including, but not limited to requirements, software, design, coding, unit testing and defect resolution.
* Follow a defined software process to ensure best quality and documentation as per SPICE requirements.
* Perform detailed software specification, design and development of complex safety critical features based on systemrequirements.
* Best practices require adherence to standards for configuration management to create baseline for all major releases.
* Track and resolve all open issues through controlled and standard processes.
* Generate documentation including release notes for all relevant baselines, software development plan, softwarerequirement specifications and softwarequality assurance plan.
* Follow corporate quality process for documenting embedded code.
* Collaborate and partner with hardware engineers and cross-functional team to debug and validate code.
* Support software integration activities.
* Understand automotive customer requirements, project milestones, technology relevance and capability.
* Generate project timelines and execute plan to established milestones.
* Understand system level requirements driving cost capable component level designs.
BEST INDUSTRY - AUTOMOTIVE, MANUFACTURING
BEST DEPARTMENT - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, SoftwareEngineering or a related technical discipline is required.
7 - 10 years of softwareengineering and design is required.
Knowledge and experience within the automotive and/or manufacturing industries is required.
DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING EMBEDDED SOFTWARE FOR AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS IS REQUIRED.
DEMONSTRATED WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF "C" LANGUAGE IS MANDATORY IN THIS ROLE.
Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of the cross-functional teams which includes providing global support is required.
EXPERIENCE WITH REQUIREMENTS TRACEABILITY, SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS, STATIC ANALYSIS TOOLS (QAC, POLYSPACE) MISRA AND BEST CODING PRACTICES IS MANDATORY IN THIS ROLE.
Previous experience working within a diverse corporate culture is required.
Strong communication skills (i.e. Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking
US CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS ONLY APPLY. NO H1B VISA SPONSORSHIP WILL BE OFFERED WITH THIS POSITION.