Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our client in the IT-Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Dallas, TX 75235
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Role Description: The Senior Software Engineer would need to have at least 5+ years of experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- SOLID 5+ years of Java web application development experience using Java back -end services
- A mix of web development and Java Development
- Spring, Hibernate, Jenkins.
- TDD environment.
Workstations run in UNIX/Linux environment. Should be able to develop codes in that environment, running basic commands to move around in the UNIX environment.
- AGILE is a MUST - Pair programming.
- Communicates well within and across teams, JIRA.
- Must have worked on enterprise level projects, involved in all phases of an application development lifecycle.
- Must have experience of complete application development right from cost estimates to final production.
- Analyze, design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards.
- Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Support the organization's project management policy, practice, and methodology.
- Provide timely and accurate progress information to project status reports.
- Analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium complexity.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
Systems Development Engineering:
- Analyze and design programs for simple to medium complexity business problems according to user specifications and assist in developing detail program specifications.
- Comply with project management methodology requirements as appropriate.
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Test and implement system components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Responsible for immediate response to production program problems.
- Participate in fiscal management and cost estimate development.
- BS / BA, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Experience in Information Technology or business environment.
- Learning; participates and assists.
- Completes tasks under direction.
- Tasks are assigned and consequences of error carry small risk to the organization.
- Basic knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Basic knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Basic knowledge of technical / business environment.
- Demonstrates programming aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to interact effectively with business Customers and technology development and support groups.
- Ability, within a specific technology area and under direction, complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement small development projects or components of large projects.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of simple-medium complexity.
- Ability t