Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our client. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Dallas, TX 75235
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Role Description: The Senior Software Engineer would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. This Candidate must have Java, Apache, JBehave, Hibernate, Spring, Tomcat and Oracle.
The Senior Software Engineer must be experienced in Agile environment, well experienced in unit testing and Linux experience. Must work well in a pod or Scrum environment. Travel industry experience is a big plus.
The Senior Software Engineer must have strong communication skills and problem solving skills are required. Experience with Print Streams is a plus.
The application they are supporting is integrated with a COTS application. Git is not required, should have version control experience. Jenkins is not required if they have had experience with other CI tools (Bamboo, for example). Work is services heavy, so they do need to have REST development experience.
- JBehave is important.
- Must be very well experienced in Unit Testing.
- Self-motivated, problem solver.
Mid-Level Java Developer
- Analyze, design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards.
- Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5 years of professional experience as a Java Developer.
- Solid knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Java 1.7.
- Apache - front end web services work.
- JBehave for JUnit.
- Tomcat, Oracle connections, and Agile development. Jenkins for CI. Stash/Git, subversion.
- No UI development needed for this role - primarily services that integrate with a COTS product. REST. JIRA
- Travel experience is a plus.
- Heavy transactions experience. Development in retail is a plus.
- Demonstrates programming aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to interact effectively with business customers and technology development and support groups.
- Ability, within a specific technology area and under direction, complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement small development projects or components of large projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a strong customer service/team oriented environment.
- HTML - 6+ Years
- Spring - 6+ Years
- UNIX - 6+ Years
- Agile - 6+ Years
- OO Analysis - 6+ Years
- OO Design - 6+ Years
- Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology (SDLC) - 6+ Years.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Anuradha Dhakarey
Recruiter Phone: 877-884-8834, 412-200-1197, 412-346-6573 (Ext: 2045)