Senior Software Engineer, Data & Performance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you\'ll be doing
You ll be a technical leader on a team whose mission is to make Tableau faster across all its product lines. Your work will enable hundreds of thousands of customers to explore their data fluidly and without delays, and share their rich results with hundreds of thousands of more throughout their enterprise or across the internet. We are passionate about improving performance, optimizing resource utilization, and enabling high scale, and we strive to do so with code and technologies that are high-quality, modern, maintainable, and elegant. Help us fulfill a mission that will have an extremely high impact across our entire customer base.
Some of the things you'll be doing include
* Analyze performance behaviour, design and implement algorithms and features that improve performance, reduce bottlenecks, and optimize resource usage.
* Participate in the evolution of the system architecture and work across the breadth of the company to establish a culture of performance.
* Lead by example by continually demonstrating top-tier software engineering practices and principles, and mentor others to maximize their potential.
* Work closely with leadership to set priorities and direction to ensure the team is having maximal customer impact.
* Work directly with customers and support to resolve critical customer performance issues.
* Participate in the evolution of the system architecture as well as establish a culture of performance throughout the company.
WHO YOU ARE *LI-JV1
* Experienced. You have 6+ years of experience writing code and a proven track record of shipping software. You have strong skills programming in modern C++ as well as one or more OO language such as C# or Java.
* Need for speed. You can analyze systems, find bottlenecks and leverage best practices to improve performance.
* Technical. You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You have a strong understanding of concurrency, asynchronous programming, and synchronization, as well as other low-level operating system primitives.
* Passionate. You have a passion for solving complex problems, be they at work or in your spare time on your own projects. You do great work even when no one is watching. The drive to deliver is just a part of you.
* Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that "just work" - things that are robust, scalable, and perform well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
* A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.