Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Business Intelligence Company
Fort Washington, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client works with data at a massive scale and uses a variety of technologies to ensure a stable, scalable system that processes hundreds of millions of API requests each day. This is a highly skilled close-knit group of passionate individuals team that works collaboratively both within engineering and other function.
This company works hard to ensure that new employees thrive within an established culture. Engineers are trusted to be experts in their own domain and trusted to own the solutions they develop.
The Senior Software Engineer will have a talent for solving complex and interesting problems using a variety of tools and development skills. You will work with the product owners within the company to develop scalable solutions.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer include:
- Write new features in PHP- and Scala-based API endpoints
- Assist our client support team in helping to resolve
- Implementation issues
- Bug reports
- Participate in client calls to help with their issues
- Fix bugs found in the existing system
- Provide estimates for high-level changes to the product team
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Write unit and integration tests for both new and existing code
- Document both existing code and new solutions
- Mentor other engineers about code style and architecture
- Help to drive decisions about tools and frameworks that are used
- Participate in functional and technical design processes
- Help to interview new candidates
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages, tools, and coding styles
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers
- Demonstrated drive for keeping up-to-date with new technologies
- Able to make and defend decisions based on real data
- Version control systems, especially git
- Object-oriented design
- Functional programming
- Proficiency with at least one programming language
- Demonstrated ability working on problems at high scale
- Distributed computing
- Ability to question and challenge established practices, processes, and architecture
- Focus on security
- Experience with UI / UX design
- Experience with Database / Data Warehouse Design
- Experience processing "Big Data" with tools like Spark or Hadoop