Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCEDENT IS LOOKING FOR A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR A FULLTIME OPPORTUNITY FOR ONE OF THEIR CLIENTS.
Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers. This position will be responsible for supporting capital projects, enhancements and implementations working with a team of Business Analysts and otherdevelopers to deliver solutions based on a variety of business requests in the provider payment arena. A sample of the projects we currently have active include 1099 re-design, EOB Re-design, new business implementations and expansions in a variety of states, integration projects with Centene West to include incorporating new technologies such as their Division of Financial Responsibility software and integration of a new capitation agreement model into our existing tools and services.
* Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
* Meet with business partners to understand business needs
* Responsible for overall design of the solution
* Design, build and test applications
* Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
As a team that supports provider payments, you will get to see the whole process, with more visibility. If you like that, it's more fun. You will also deal with external entities - Providers. So a desire to communicate with others is critical. This is not for someone who simply wants to write code everyday.
70% new development, 30% support of the applications.
Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of related experience.
* Healthcareexperience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
* Strong working knowledge of C#, Java Script, OOP/OOAD, XML, HTML, ASP.Net.
* Experience with Oracle (preferred) or SQL Server.
* Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures.
* Exadata preferred. Platform for all applications is Oracle, we push a lot of processing to Exadata, an appliance that makes Oracle data "fly".
* Preferred: able to do back and a front end. This is mostly a back-end role with some front end development not the other way around.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for this opportunity at the earliest.Our recruiting staff will review the profiles and candidates suited for this opportunity will be contacted immediately.All applications will be kept confidential.