Senior Software Engineer - HealthSparq 9/17/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Senior Software Engineer / Web, SaaS, Hadoop, Spark
Play a key role in changing US healthcare by joining HealthSparq, a new startup within Cambia Health. We re a small team of internet entrepreneurs developing solutions that allow consumers to make smarter healthcare decisions based on data, social media and mobile technologies. We are looking for developers who are passionate about creating quality software and contributing to the success of a company committed to the highest quality, game-changing products. Join us today!
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
If you can appreciate:
* Everything you touch makes it to production.
* Working with the latest tools and technologies including modern Search Engines, Functional Programming, Microservice-based Architectures, Hadoop and related technologies.
* Small SCRUM teams wherein your input has nothing to do with your title or rank and everything to do with your engineering chops.
* Short feedback loops with product owners.
* 2 week sprints.
You can look forward to:
* Analyzing new problems and designing software solutions.
* Developing code in a collaborative Agile environment using the latest open source tools.
* Coordinating and/or participating in design activity with other team members.
* Designing, writing, and testing code for production quality software.
* Keeping technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable.
* Providing technical direction and guidance to associates.
The qualified developer we seek will have at least 5 years of relevant work experience, including:
* Significant experience with Hadoop and related technologies.
* Solid understanding of data/information design patterns, data match/merge, data integration, and etl.
* Understanding of object oriented principles and methodologies.
* Advanced programming environments and concepts highly desired (e.g. concurrent computing, fault tolerant design, etc.).
* Modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD/BDD and XP.
* Experience creating or being part of creating highly available, auto-scaling systems.
* Application of unit testing and test automation.
* Experience in Java and related technologies including JVM, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, JMS, and Servlets.
* BS Degree or equivalent in computer science, or related field is preferred.
Bonus experience (professional or personal) with any of the following:
* Functional programming design principles
* Functional programming languages like Scala, Clojure, Haskell or Erlang
* AWS native technologies including DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis and Lambda
* Cucumber test framework
* Experience with integrating with third party tools
HealthSparq employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
HealthSparq is all about helping people make smarter health care choices. How do we do it* By offering the most relevant, personalized and timely data possible and offering it to consumers when they need it. With over 70 health plan clients that reach over 72 million people, HealthSparq is uniquely positioned to help people make better sense of their health care.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.