Senior Software Engineer- Java
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
National Marrow Donor Program
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary: The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for delivering successful technical solutions for the NMDP. The individual is also responsible for providing mentoring, work direction and development, support across multiple projects/domains.
This role is responsible for delivering successful Java solutions for the organization. This individual will provide mentoring, work direction and development, support across multiple projects/domains. The Sr, Sotware Engineer serves as a facilitator to coordinate efforts needed to complete the task and report problems and progress to the management. Sr. Software Engineer mentors support team members , and is responsible for the transfer of required knowledge to Application Support, ITSM and Help Desk groups. The Senior This position is responsible for delivering successful technical solutions for the NMDP
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or Engineering. However, upon evaluation, equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for degree requirement.
* Five years of technical work experience in a software development environment which includes all steps of Software Development Life Cycle, with emphasis on ongoing production support, opening and resolving defects, testing and reproducing found problems and analyzing logs.
* Experience with enterprise messaging infrastructure.
* Experience with relational databases and object-relational mapping required.
* Experience with Java programming and advanced J2EE application architecture.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to coordinate efforts for tasks that require collaborative work.
Advanced knowledge of the development life cycle including testing process and methods, variable programming fundamentals, conditional execution, data structures, compilation and debugging tools.. Knowledge of application framework architecture, application servers, application security, distributed application security, database environment, data-driven application methodologies.
Knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere MQ.
Technical skills in J2EE, JMS, XML, EJB 3.0 Persistence (Hibernate and equivalent), and Object Oriented Framework design, Messaging Design, Web services and relation database technology.
Good written and oral communications skills required. Ability to prioritize own work and the work of others, as well as multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines.