Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Carl Zeiss Inc.
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Software Engineer has overall responsibility for developing and programming solutions for various technology platforms. The Senior Software Engineer will develop effective, efficient, and reliable software product. The Senior Software Engineer is continuously designing, developing, and improving the existing software platform to meet the needs of our customers and maintain a robust, modern software environment.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
To create software solutions optimal for application
Create appropriate software architecture to support software applications and achieve optimal performance and flexibility
Develop requirements document collaboratively with rest of development team
Design, code, test, debug and document software according to functional requirement
Create solutions and programs for SurfMax and VoluMax applications
Investigate, troubleshoot, and fix software field issues
Promote ideas and make sound technical decisions as software expert
To provide post proposal support
Follow up with customer or applications team to address questions and obstacles
Reengineer solution as necessary
To provide software expertise for necessary project related activities post sales
Ongoing solution development coordination
* Bachelor s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* Minimum of 8 years experience developing software for technical products, experience with full software lifecycle
* Strong expertise with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft .NET, C#, C++, XML, Objected Oriented Design/Development, SQL Database, Multi-threaded Programming, Software Architecture, Design Patterns, Windows OS
* Experience in code profiling, optimization, and analysis tools
* Strong technical leadership skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical information to internal team
* Able to communicate the requirements across different technical and managerial levels at customer sites
* Experience with Agile/Scrum is a plus
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer