Senior Software Engineer - Platform 9/13/2016
Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
San Jose, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Blue Coat empowers enterprises to safely and securely choose the best applications, services, devices, data sources, and content the world has to offer, so they can create, communicate, collaborate, innovate, execute, compete and win in their markets. We have a long history of protecting organizations, their data and their employees and are the trusted brand to 15,000 customers worldwide including 86 percent of the FORTUNE Global 500. With a robust portfolio of intellectual property anchored by more than 200 patents and patents pending, Blue Coat continues to drive innovations that assure business continuity, agility and governance.
* Contribute to design/development/architecture of various components of Elastica Platform
* Write reliable, secure, performant, and scalable code
* Perform code reviews and analysis
* Help create architecture documents and functional specifications
* Integrate technologies into Elastica s back-end cloud infrastructure
* Strong attention to detail, curiosity, and a willingness to learn
* BS in Computer Science required, MS preferred; 5+ years of relevant working experience.
* Advanced programming experience using Python and enough Bash to be dangerous
* Experience in building highly available and scalable distributed systems
* Experience with SQL, NoSQL, and/or message-broker technologies is highly desired
* Candidate must have either hands on experience with Docker and Mesos/Kubernetes or experience with packaging applications for virtual or physical appliances
* Systems-administration-level experience with Linux and experience with RPM, yum, or other package management systems common on Linux is required
* Experience with agile development methodologies is must
* Good understanding of AWS and other cloud technologies
* Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Prior experience with building appliances to run a multi-tier cloud application in isolated environments is nice to have
* Strong security mindset with experience in hardening systems/configuration to prevent unauthorized access
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal? Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability.