Senior Software Engineer - PlatformReq-13316 9/8/2016
San Mateo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCT:
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - PLATFORM
SAN MATEO, CA
To start, you ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people invested in our customers and the community. If you re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
NetSuite Platform is the foundation on which various NetSuite solutions such as ERP, HCM, Web Commerce are built. We re looking for ambitious and creative developer to join our team and deliver a highly customizable and scalable platform. You will own the responsibility of designing and implementing some of the core components of the NetSuite Platform. You will get an opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds to solve very complex problems. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to communicate clearly, work productively with minimal supervision, think creatively and independently, and collaborate with team members in diverse functions (engineers, product managers, technical writers).
You must have in-depth experience in large scale software engineering and system design. A high-level of proficiency in SQL, Object Oriented languages as well as experience with database driven web applications is required. You must be proficient in design patterns and test driven development. Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical contexts and situations are required. You must have experience in working towards deadlines in a rapid development cycle and the ability to prioritize competing demands.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
* 5+ years of backend software development experience
* 5+ years of Java experience
* Strong Java design and development experience with good instincts for clean and testable code
* SQL Experience, including schema design and development of efficient queries and PL/SQL
* A solid understanding of metadata design and its use in the architecture of enterprise applications
* Superb written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Oriented Programming, TDD and SOLID principles
* Agile SCRUM experience
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Experience with enterprise design patterns