Senior Software Engineer, Product Testing, Connectivity
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you will be doing:
Tableau connects to an ever increasing set of data sources. As a Senior Software Engineer in Test on the Connectivity team, you will help ensure that Tableau can access the right data securely and quickly. You will author tools and automation (Java, Python, or C++) that enable the team to do things like: rapidly add first class support for the latest cutting edge database system, make fundamental changes to our back-end C++ architecture, or add features to currently supported data sources, cleanly and confidently. You will be a learner, pushed by a field ("where should I keep/find my data and how should I access it") that is constantly evolving. You will work with technologies like Google Big Query, SAP HANA, OData feeds or any other store people like to keep data in. You will work with enterprise authentication schemes like Kerberos or OAuth, as well multi-hop scenarios using delegation, trusted-subsystem, or whatever the database vendor chooses as a solution. You will work on many platforms as we run on Windows, Mac, and soon Linux. And you will consider the customer as you do all of this, making sure that what we deliver is usable, supportable, and delightful. As an engineer at Tableau you will work closely with Product Management and Development as you create and refine test strategy, identify problems, and champion quality and the customer. As a champion of quality you will work hard to employ your creativity as you use your "break it mentality" to ensure the highest commitment to our customers and to the craftsmanship of our software.
Who you are: *LI-ML1
* Technically Savvy. You have solid understanding of relational database systems and software development. Experience in a particular database system or experience with enterprise authentication schemes or Networking a plus. A good understanding of operating systems.
* Experienced. You have 5+ years of experience testing software. You understand what it takes to create software that is used by thousands or millions of people. Tried and tested, creative tester. You break it, so they don't.
* Relentlessly High Standards. You will not be satisfied with "Good Enough". You will set the bar high and push others towards those same standards.
* A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.