Senior Software Engineer - Quality / Performance Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAT YOU GET TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer with a proven track record of creating technologies and tools for measuring the performance and scalability of complex systems. Working with key members of our Cloud Development and Service Operations teams, you will focus on supporting our platform to meet the growing needs of our largest customers.
The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in web application benchmarking, performance analysis, and capacity management. The candidate must have a passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important ctomers.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform. You will also enable peers in engineering, customer support, and cloud teams to leverage our tools to provide related services.
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
* Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations.
* 5+ years of experience developing or testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Unix environment.
* 3+ years of experience developing on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution.
* Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
* LINUX SKILLS: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
* SQL clients and queries, including commands and syntax
* Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies (e.g. scrum).
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
* Candidate must be a good team player with solid attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
* BS/MSDegree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
STRONGLY DESIRED (AT LEAST ONE):
* Has led software projects, has proven project management skills, and can take delegations from management to help drive daily activities on assigned project(s)
* Has a strong familiarity with the ServiceNow platform, including developing custom enhancements on top of its out-of-box features
* Scripting: basic shell scripting, Perlscripting.
* Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
* Experience specifically with MySQL or Oracle databases
* Understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization