Senior Software Engineer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Microsoft's Finance and Professional Services (FiPS) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with a passion for excellence in execution and engineering capability. In this role you will define and implement the platform for enabling continuous delivery and guide delivery teams to achieve their full potential. You will help build a culture of outcome driven engineering and lead the technology supporting this transformation.
The FiPS team provides several foundational services and capabilities for Microsoft including Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Forecast & Planning, Revenue Reporting, Procurement and many more. Your role would be to help maximize the potential of these services by maximizing engineering throughput and quality.
* Define build and deployment automation processes and practices that move toward continuous delivery and DevOps culture
* Work with engineering teams to define delivery capability goals and desired outcomes
* Define recommended engineering patterns and processes and implement supporting tools and services
* Help team's onboard practices and processes that enable them to meet their goals
* Build a communication and influence plan to help bring business partners and stakeholders along on the journey
* Coach teams on ways to improve their delivery processes (retrospectives, planning, estimation, etc.)
* Coach teams on ways to improve their architecture to enable agility (coupling, testability, resilience, etc.)
* Effectively communicate findings in business and technical language
* Collaboration with project teams, vendor partners and offshore teams
* Drive improvements in engineering at the broader org level
* Stay educated on emerging technologies
* 10+ years of software engineeringexperience including experience designing and implementing complex enterprise solutions and services
* 6+ years in agileengineering delivery (current)
* 2+ years working in DevOps teams
* 2+ years' experience in cloud technologies (any)
* 5years of development experience within distributed systems
* Interest in being in an evangelist role
* Expertise in GIT, TDD/ATDD, code analysis tools, testing in production
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.