Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE OPPORTUNITY:
Come join the Digital Insight Innovation Team as a Senior Software Engineer! As part of the innovation team, you will get to build products using leading edge technologies. Examples include location aware features (e.g. iBeacons), wearable devices (e.g. Apple Watch, Android smart watch, Google glass), natural language processing, voice interfaces, and more. You will play a critical role in building the financial services platform that will be used by our 11 million end users. If you are passionate about building a truly innovative digital platform using the latest services technologies, and want to help us open up the platform to third party developers, come join us now!
* Develop mobile and web applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
* Collaborate with design, engineering, product management to build awesome product experiences and establish solid engineering processes.
* Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
* Work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management and Quality Engineering.
* Demonstrate a passion for developing well-architected, elegant mobile apps.
* Provide systems integration with variety of Third party Interfaces.
* Co-ordinate requirements gathering for client, clarify client expectations, reviewing and finalizing system specifications.
* Collaborate with other engineers and drive the design and selection of appropriate solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
* Perform code reviews to ensure quality standards
* Follow agile methodologies across the projects to plan, design and implement project deliverables.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
* At least 5years of commercial software development experience.
* Proficient in object oriented languages and principles, design patterns and unit testing.
* 2+ years of experience designing and developing mobile (Android) applications
* Aptitude for learning new technologies and applying them in development.
* Strong development experience in technologies such as Web Services (REST/SOAP) using Spring, Hibernate, XML, XSD, JSON, JAXB, XPath, Xquery.
* Ability to dive in and understand complex systems.
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management and communication skills and a great team player with a can-do attitude..
Proficient in object oriented languages and principles, design patterns and unit testing. *2+ years experience designing and developing mobile applications *Strong development experience in technologies such as Web Services (REST/SOAP) using Spring , Hibernate , XML, XSD, JSON, JAXB, XPath, Xquery.